What a nice surprise it was to come home yesterday after picking up the kids from school and find a tater tot hotdish that James made for us. All I had to do was put it in the oven.
It was also a surprise when the oven was pre-heating and I heard a boom and saw sparks fly inside the oven. I turned it off and the sparks continued. Not good. The bottom heating element was burning. Now what?
I love living in a small town. I called up a neighbor from a couple of houses down and he happens to be a firefighter and EMS. He walked over and he moved the stove out for me and once it was unplugged the sparking and burning stopped. Whew. I was able to call and get a new heating element ordered that will arrive on Monday. Then I called a neighbor family across the street that was kind enough to cook our tater tot hotdish in their oven and even brought it over for us when it was done. I love small towns and I love my neighbors! Thanks guys!
The oven situation has created a Plan B for us tonight because Andrew is having 3 friends overnight and I was planning on making pizzas in the oven. Plan B it is.
I'm excited for lunch today (not just because I'm having leftover tater tot hotdish)! It's the holiday edition of Your Music Cafe with Grizzly's Grill N Saloon. Let me know your Christmas request mmacht@yourQ102.com We'll play as many as we can and I'll give away some Christmas presents from our prize closet too.
Have a great weekend!